We want MISSION to be one of the best places to work in the Valley.
Creating a healthy staff culture starts with having the right people in the right places. Check out some of our openings and see if you're a fit.
This is a part time opportunity 25-30 hours weekly
Apply now. Email your resume to email@example.com
The Facilities Maintenance Assistant is a member of the Operations Team. This position is expected to work with the team, both staff and volunteers, in the tasks of maintaining and cleaning of the church campus. This individual will be responsible for providing support of set-up and strike of events, basic infrastructure maintenance, and preventive maintenance and facilities security. This person must be a self-starter, able to work with limited supervision, motivated and a strong team player. This person must have strong interpersonal skills and they should represent Christ and His church well in the community at large. They should follow the biblical model of sacrifice by being willing to put others needs before their own. In all of their actions, they should be positive and supportive of the Core Values and the Vision of the church. The hours for this position vary. The individual selected must be willing to work weekends.
Assist in managing and completing campus; maintenance, projects and cleaning. Specific responsibilities are not limited to, but shall include:
- Provide set-up and strike for small groups, special meetings and events
- Light and heavy janitorial duties
- Basic maintenance duties (light bulb, A/C filter, air freshener replacement, minor carpentry, electrical, plumbing and mechanical duties)
- Perform basic grounds keeping (debris removal, litter pick up, minor irrigation repairs)
- Perform scheduled and as needed preventative maintenance
- Assist with facility security (keep doors and windows secured, setting alarms, personnel/visitor monitoring)
- As with any position at MISSION, being employed with a Church means that each employee is part of a team, which means we all pull together during crisis times, special events and when visible projects need done.
- Clearly demonstrate commitment to Mission Community Church
- Demonstrate experience working with your hands, knowledge of hand tools and commercial cleaning processes/practices
- Good people skills; be able to give directions and work with volunteers
- Customer service oriented, independent and reliable worker
- Be able to lift 50+ lbs. and be on your feet for 8+ hours per day
- Must possess ability to document, read, utilize math skills, and be able to speak fluent English
- Background check and references required
- Be able to work scheduled and varied shifts based on our church needs
- Adhere to all typical safety procedures
- Adherence to Mission Community Church Employee Policies
Apply by emailing your resume along with the position you are interested in to firstname.lastname@example.org.