Careers at MISSION
We want MISSION to be one of the best places to work in the Valley.
Creating a healthy staff culture starts with having the right people in the right places. Check out some of our openings and see if you're a fit.
This is a full time opportunity 40 hours weekly, Sunday through Thursday
Apply now. Email your resume to email@example.com
Department: Next Generation
The Youth Pastor at MISSION will build a thriving youth ministry for teenagers from every background imaginable, where they feel known and that they belong. In this role, you will provide visionary direction for youth ministry through exemplary staff leadership and a highly engaged volunteer team.
- Lead out the vision, mission, and values of NextGen and Mission Community Church.
- Actively contribute to and own the NextGen strategy of investing in the Next Generation (cradle through college) by empowering volunteer leaders and supporting/resourcing parents.
- Champion the NextGen Lead Small movement where adults strategically invest in the lives of every teenager. Through this strategy, small group leaders are trained to: be present, create a safe place, partner with parents, make it personal, and move them out. Read more about Lead Small here.
- Lead the youth ministry staff team with purpose and authenticity, helping them grow personally and professionally.
- Prioritize development and growth of others through high-capacity volunteer positions, long-term and short term internship opportunities, and leadership development opportunities for teenagers in the ministry.
- Champion systems, processes, and policies established by MISSION and NextGen that ensure effective/efficient ministry and alignment.
- Provide oversight of large and small group experiences, ensuring that the youth ministry creates irresistible environments for all youth at various levels of spiritual development.
- Champion clear communication and systematic training for all youth leaders and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain a strategy of catalytic youth experiences (camps, retreats, mission trips, invest and invite events) and development milestones.
- Protect and innovate the culture and brand of ANTHEM youth ministry.
- Champion a healthy and growing volunteer culture, offering meaningful opportunities for partnership and investment.
- Actively serve as a host and communicator for youth environments and prioritize the development of others who can host and communicate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of five year’s experience leading youth ministry (averaging over 200 students weekly).
- Must have an authentic, active walk with Christ and exhibit Christ-like character.
- Highly organized with the ability to trouble-shoot, create processes and systems with a strong eye for detail
- Strong gifts in the area of leading/shepherding with great team-building and interpersonal skills
- Thrives in collaborative team environments